Supporting local communities across the UK
Boots Charitable Trust is an independent registered charity wholly funded by Boots UK Limited. We want to be there to care for people, customers and communities everywhere and that’s why in 2023, we expanded the Trust’s reach to support projects across the UK, as well as in our home county of Nottinghamshire.
The Trust funds charities and voluntary organisations working in the areas of health, lifelong learning, community development and social care, and encourages applications from organisations where our grants of up to £10,000 can make the biggest impact.
Applying for help
Applications for funding are made using our new Boots Charitable Trust application portal.
Please ensure you review our charitable giving policy before beginning an application.
To access an application you’ve already made, click here.
While we look at nominations from all different charities, our main focus is on the following areas that are very close to our hearts and heritage:
- Health: Community healthcare, such as homecare or support for sufferers of medical conditions, and health education and prevention
- Lifelong learning: Local literacy and numeracy projects
- Community development: For example, supporting councils in providing voluntary services
- Social care: Personal, social or community activities or schemes.
Additionally, a particular focus within each of these priorities is how the projects demonstrate a commitment to improving diversity, equality and inclusion within the community.
Here is some guidance on those projects we do not supply funding for:
- Organisations that are not registered charities and which have income or expenditure of more than £5,000 per year
- Charities seeking funds to redistribute to other charities
- Projects for which there is a legal statutory obligation
- Capital projects, large building or construction
- Projects with ongoing maintenance costs that would be dependent on Boots Charitable Trust funding for delivery to continue.
Deadlines for processing applications
Nominations are reviewed quarterly by a board of Trustees. Timescales for applications are outlined below:
- Q1 - Application window is open between 1-31 August 2023. The trustee board meeting will take place in October 2023.
- Q2 - Application window is open between 1-30 November 2023. The trustee board meeting will take place in January 2024.
- Q3 - Application window is open between 1-28 February 2024. The trustee board meeting will take place in April 2024.
- Q4 - Application window is open between 1-31 May 2024. The trustee board meeting will take place in July 2024.
Who are our Trustees?
- Lucy Reynolds – Vice President and Director of Communications, CSR and Sustainability (Chair)
- Lavinia Moxley – Head of Global Beauty Academy
- Stuart Buchanan – Director of Property Development
- Beneeta Shah – Head of Pharmacy Stores
- Jennifer Moffat – Financial Controller
- Michael Benford – Director of Finance - Operations.