As face coverings become part of our daily wardrobes, this week Boots is excited to be launching six stylish face coverings, created by the British Fashion Council and Bags of Ethics. The coverings have been designed by internationally acclaimed designers including; Mulberry, RIXO, Halpern, Julien Macdonald, Liam Hodges and RAEBURN. These new, non-medical, reusable face coverings, act as the perfect inspiration for a makeup look, and dialling up your eyelids is one way to let your makeup stand out.
With bold eyeshadows, fluffy brows and perfect liner taking centre stage,now’s the perfect time to get reacquainted with your favourite eyeshadow palettes. Boots Beauty Specialist, Tia Samuels, shares FIVE top tips for creating a stand-out look, emphasising the eyes and brows.
- Choose eyeshadow shades that compliment your covering and eye colour – I love a lavender with brown eyes! Or if you want to go all out, choose a colour opposite to the colour of your covering – for example pairing a blue eyeshadow with a yellow covering to create an eye-catching contrast. The Morphe Dare to Create Palette has a great range of colours from bold to neutral so you can create a look to match your mood.
- With half your face covered, people are probably going to be making more eye contact so you want to make sure that there’s no creasing throughout the day. Eyelids do tend to be oily so use an eye primer like the Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer so the shadow doesn’t budge.
- While a neon shadow or an exaggerated cat-flick will bring excitement to the eyes, don’t forget to spend time perfecting your brows. With no access to beauty salons, the chances are that your brows have grown out a bit so now could be the time to try out a more natural, brushed up brow. Using a spoolie, brush the brows upwards and outwards, fill in the gaps with a light hand and set using the Benefit Gimme Brow Volumising Eye Gel.
- To really take an eye look to the next level, highlight your brow bone, cheeks and inner corners with the XXRevolution XXposure Highlighter. It will elevate your game by instantly making you appear more refreshed.
- Mascara, eyeliner and lashes can all be used to add extra impact to your look. I would suggest using a black mascara like Fenty’s Full Frontal Volume Lift Curl Mascara as this will help immediately draw attention to eyes and make them look more pronounced. If you are going to apply lashes, use a strong lash glue to make sure you’re not having to adjust or touch your eyes in the day.
TIA’S TOP PRODUCT PICKS
Morphe 39A Dare to Create Eyeshadow Palette (£35), Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer (£17), Benefit Gimmie Brow Volumising Gel (£22.50), XXRevolution XXposure Highlighter Powder (£12), Fenty Full Frontal Volume Life & Curl Mascara (£21), KVD Vegan Beauty Tattoo Liner (£18), Huda Beauty Classic Lash (£17)
The Great British Designer face coverings are £15 for a pack of three, and come with two protective pouches. They are now available online at Boots.com.
- ENDS –
For more information please contact email@example.com or call 020 3193 3382.
About Tia Samuels
Tia Samuels has worked as a Boots Beauty Specialist for over a year at the Brent Cross branch:
“For me, beauty has always been the embodiment of being your unique individual self and having the ability to accentuate and express yourself through creativity, which provides me with a great sense of power and fulfilment.
I discovered my passion for makeup whilst working in a photography studio where I saw how freely colours, tones and shades can be used to reinvent and transform a look.
My job allows me to provide this experience every single day, building customer connections that last a lifetime. Knowing I have the power to make someone smile gives me great satisfaction and is the reason I keep coming back.”
Please note, all beauty colleagues will be wearing visors when in store to protect themselves during this time. There is no requirement for colleagues to wear a mask or face coverings. However, if an individual would like to wear a mask or face covering in addition to a visor it is fine for them to do so.
About Boots UK
Boots UK (boots.com), the UK’s largest pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer, is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise.
With 2,465* stores in the UK, its purpose is to champion everyone’s right to feel good. Boots UK is committed to providing exceptional customer and patient care, be the first choice for pharmacy and healthcare and offer innovative 'only at Boots' exclusive products such as No7, a leading UK skincare brand, Soap and Glory and Liz Earle.
Created 170 years ago, the Boots brand is still at the heart of the communities it serves.
*As of 31 August2019, excluding equity method investments.