- Over 70,000 votes received across 25 categories, including Social Media Sensations, Beauty Newcomer and Menopause Must-Haves
- Niacinamide Essential was the most popular category, receiving over 17,000 votes
- The Ordinary was the most popular brand, winning across multiple skincare categories
- Value-focused categories such as Beauty on a Budget (over 14,000 votes) and Best Beauty Dupe (over 13,000 votes) were amongst highest voted categories
This year Boots introduced its first ever Beauty Awards, giving beauty fans the chance to vote for their favourite products. With over 70,000 votes received, the results are in.
With 25 categories to choose from, including Social Media Sensations, Best Newcomer and Best Menopause Product, customers could vote from an array of brands including ARKIVE, Makeup Revolution, REN and 17, as well as cult favourites such as No7, Fenty Beauty and MAC Cosmetics. From affordable everyday basics and makeup bag essentials, all the way through to global beauty icons and premium cosmetics labels, there was something for every beauty lover to choose from.
Over the past two months beauty fans nationwide have been casting their votes, with the most-voted category: Niacinamide Essential, receiving a total of over 17,000 votes, indicating the skincare powerhouse is still a firm-favourite ingredient in 2022.
With the UK navigating rising living costs, value-focused categories such as Beauty on a Budget and Best Beauty Dupe were amongst the highest voted categories, with a combined vote of almost 28,000. Winning products start from as little as £2.99, showing that customers know affordable beauty doesn’t have to mean compromising on quality Affordable skincare brand, The Ordinary, proved to be the most popular brand, receiving multiple wins across a number of categories.
Paul Niezawitowski, Beauty Director at Boots says “Thank you to all our beauty fans for voting in their thousands to crown their favourite products. As the UK’s leading beauty retailer, it’s really interesting to see what brands and products our customers can’t live without. Now more than ever, it’s so important for our customers to be confident that they are spending their beauty budget on the choices that really deliver. From budget-friendly essentials and solution-driven skincare, to global haircare icons and premium cosmetics labels, Boots is proud to be making award-worthy beauty even more accessible for our customers.”
See the full Winners Guide for all the details on the winning products. Winners are as follows:
- BEAUTY ON A BUDGET: Garnier Moisture Bomb Pomegranate Hydrating Face Sheet Mask Dehydrated Skin (£2.99)
- BEAUTY ON THE INSIDE: Boots Skin, Hair and Nails 30 Capsules (£6)
- BEST BEAUTY DUPE: Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (£7)
- BEST BEAUTY TOOL: Real Techniques Everyday Essentials Set (£21)
- BEST OF BOOTS: Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Foaming Face Wash (£4.50)
- CLEAN BEAUTY CHAMPION: Garnier Micellar Reusable Make-up Remover Eco Pads (£8.99)
- DESERT ISLAND MUST-HAVE: La Roche-Posay Anthelios UVMUNE 400 Invisible Fluid SPF50 (£19)
- EXCLUSIVELY BOOTS: Soap & Glory Face Soap & Clarity Wash 350ml (£7.95)
- FINE LINE FAVOURITE: Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum Synchronized Multi-Recovery Complex (£64)
- HAIRCARE HERO: Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Moisture - Vegan Deep Treatment (£4.99)
- HYALURONIC HERO: The INKEY List™ Hyaluronic Acid Serum (£6.99)
- HYPERPIGMENTATION HERO: The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA Serum (£8.60)
- MENOPAUSE MUST-HAVE: Clarins Super Restorative Day Cream (£77)
- NIACINAMIDE ESSENTIAL: The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + zinc 1% serum (£5.60)
- #1 NEWCOMER: CeraVe Facial Moisturising Lotion SPF25 (£15)
- NO7 INNOVATION AWARD: No7 Instant Results Nourishing Hydration Mask (£12.95)
- PAYDAY TREAT: YSL Touche Éclat Illuminating Pen (£27)
- REVOLUTIONARY RETINOL: The Ordinary Retinol 0.5% In Squalane Ester (£6.40)
- ROSACEA SAVIOUR: IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50 32ml (£32.50)
- SELF TAN: Garnier Summer Body Hydrating Gradual Tan Moisturiser Dark (£9.99)
- SENSATIONAL SCENT: Dior Miss Dior Eau De Parfum 50ml (£83)
- SOCIAL MEDIA SENSATIONS: Maybelline Lash Sensational Sky High Mascara (£11.99)
- VEGAN HERO: bareMinerals Original Loose Powder Foundation SPF15 (£29)
- VITAMIN C CHAMPION: Boots Vitamin C Brightening Moisturising Cream (£4.50)
From the must-have item discovered on social media, to the payday treat that is really worth the investment, learn more about the best of Boots beauty, as voted for by customers, here.
To celebrate the winners Boots are offering 20% off winning products on 27 October on boots.com using the code WINNERS20*. Shop all Boots Beauty Award winners can online here.
* T&Cs apply. Save 20% on selected products. Excludes Dior. Ends midnight 27 Oct 2022. Cannot be used in conjunction with another code.