Boots has been supplying face masks and surgical equipment to medical professionals since as early as the 1920s and 1930s. Fast forward 100 years, and customers have now been asked to wear a face covering when visiting shops in England.
This new guidance from the UK Government has meant Boots has seen a rise in sales of face coverings – Boots.com alone has seen an increase of more than 650% since the announcement.
We spoke to Marc Donovan, Boots UK Chief Pharmacist, to gather some tips and guidance when it comes to putting on a face covering. Marc says:
- Wash your hands well, for at least 20 seconds, with soap and water before putting on the face covering. Alternatively, clean your hands with hand sanitiser
- Fit the covering so that it is placed comfortably, but securely, over your mouth and nose whilst still allowing you to breathe easily.
- If you wear glasses, try placing them over the top edge of the face covering to help prevent them from steaming up
- Avoid touching the front of the face covering whilst wearing it
- Change the covering if it becomes damp or if you’ve touched it
- Cleanse your hands again before removing and don’t touch the front whilst removing
- Dispose of single use face masks in the household waste
- Wash and dry reusable face coverings after each use, according to instructions
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser once removed
To shop the face coverings available at Boots, click here.