- Launched by founder and CEO Tracee Ellis Ross, the core mission of PATTERN is to serve the needs of the curly, coily and tight-textured hair community
- PATTERN Beauty joins over 500 beauty brands available at Boots, more than anywhere else on the high street
- Available exclusively at Boots in the UK, launching in-store and online from 29 June 2022
PATTERN Beauty, the award-winning hair care brand designed to exceed the beauty needs of the curly, coily and tight-textured hair community, is debuting online and in-store in the UK with British beauty and health retailer Boots (on 29 June 2022).
Launched by founder and CEO Tracee Ellis Ross, the core mission of PATTERN is to serve the needs of the curly, coily and tight-textured community, to celebrate Black beauty and be an active space for uplifting and loving this community’s natural beauty. Ross has created a groundbreaking beauty ecosystem that allows Black women to feel seen, heard and celebrated.
“From the very beginning of PATTERN, I set out to build a different kind of beauty company – one that is not just about brand sales, but expands the narrative around Black consumers,” says Ross.
After a lifetime of her own extensive experiential and market research, Ross recognised that there was an entire demographic of customers who, like her, needed products to support wearing their hair naturally that were not being served. In 2009, Tracee set out to create effective formulas to meet the needs of this vast community and to change how this community was marketed to. Despite facing ten years of roadblocks, she remained true to her vision and the promise of the brand. In 2019, she finally launched PATTERN in the United States. In 2021, PATTERN expanded to Canada, and now PATTERN establishes its presence in the United Kingdom.
PATTERN formulas provide an abundance of nourishment to curls, coils & tight textures with luscious ingredients including Aloe Vera, Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter and many more. Every detail of the collection – from the packaging to the marketing – is designed with the textured hair community in mind. From conditioner tubes that are bigger than shampoos, (since we know curlies use way more conditioner than shampoo on wash day), to language that celebrates every wave, curl, coil and zigzag, PATTERN aims to empower and celebrate those on the textured hair care journey.
The PATTERN collection will start on a front-of-store fixture in over 100 Boots locations, then will expand inline at over 600 stores throughout the country in early August. With 85% of the UK population within 10 minutes of a Boots store, PATTERN will ensure access to quality products nationally.
PATTERN Beauty products available at Boots include:
● PATTERN Cleansing Shampoo: When you need a fresh start. Ideal for all hair types, this clarifying shampoo deep cleans removing build-up without stripping away essential lipids as you give your hair a fresh start. Antioxidant-rich Matcha Green Tea, Aloe Vera and Panthenol promote strength. (£20 for 7.8 oz.)
● PATTERN Leave-In Conditioner: Perfect for curls in need of all-day hydration and definition. Mixed with a little bit of magic, the Leave-In Conditioner seals curls with a lasting moisture lotion packed with nutritious oils to combat dryness while also providing a soft hold for curl pattern definition. (£25 for 9.8 oz.)
● PATTERN Jojoba Oil Hair Blend: When your hair and scalp need heavenly moisture. The beloved, lightweight serum helps to reduce scalp itchiness & flaking. It’s a super lightweight, residue-free blend of beautiful oils like Safflower Oil, Jojoba Oil, Rosehip Oil, Olive Oil & Lavender Oil, perfect to help low porosity hair remain moisturised and to reduce breaking. Use on its own or cocktailed into other products as you coat your strands. For all textures. (£25 for 3.9 oz.)
● PATTERN Styling Cream: When your styles crave luscious definition. Extra perfect for coily and tight textures looking for an unctuous buttercream styler, this formula defines curls and enhances manageability while lending medium hold to hair. Emollient Shea Butter, Cacay and Sweet Almond Oils help set hair in versatile styles and work well for twisting locks. Apply on wet or dry hair before styling or braiding. (£25 for 15 oz.)