- Boots started its Black Friday event on 1st November with over 14,000 products on offer throughout the month, peaking this Friday
- Boots’ Black Friday online orders have already doubled compared to 2020 figures, driven by gifting items such as perfume
- Friday is expected to be the busiest day of sales for the retailer this year
- Retailer has made major updates to its website, app and warehouses to accommodate the anticipated sales spike
With offers on fragrance and gift sets already flying off shelves, Boots is preparing for a busy Black Friday, with more products and categories included in the annual sales event than ever before.
Since kicking off its month-long sales event on 1st November, boots.com Black Friday orders are already double what they were in 2020 (up 97%). Boots anticipates a continued strong sales performance with the highest day of online sales of the year on Black Friday itself.
Gifting items have been the most popular offers so far among Boots customers, followed by those in the premium beauty, electrical beauty and fragrance categories, which between them make up 90% of all Black Friday sales to date.
In the first two weeks of November, online sales of Boots’ Black Friday offers for fragrance were up by 90% compared to the same time in 2020 and toy sales up by 54%, suggesting that customers are taking advantage of deals to prepare for Christmas and shopping for gifts earlier than usual. The bestselling Black Friday offers at Boots this year so far are the Paco Rabanne 1 Million Eau De Toilette and the YSL Opium Star Gift.
More broadly, boots.com continues to perform ahead of expectations, growing threefold over the course of the pandemic. Digital sales have risen 54% in the 12 months ending ended 31st August 2021, compared to the same period last year. Sales in the Boots’ fourth quarter (June to August 2021) more than doubled versus pre-Covid levels.
Seb James, Managing Director, Boots UK said: “At Boots we are really excited to bring our customers a bigger and better Black Friday sales event than ever before. While our offers extend throughout November, there is still that expectation and excitement that the very best offers will be available on Black Friday itself. A huge amount of work goes on behind the scenes at Boots to make sure that as well as offering the best deals, customers have a good experience when shopping with us – whether online or in store.”
To prepare for record demand, Boots has made major improvements to its website, app and warehouse operations since Black Friday 2020.
- Launched tabbed content features to allow more offers onto loading pages.
- Introduced list optimisation to automatically push bestselling products to the top of key lists.
On the Boots app:
- Enhanced navigation for quicker and simpler customer journeys.
- Simplified re-ordering process for customers’ favourite products.
At Boots warehouses and stores:
- Increased picking space at Burton warehouse – the biggest health and beauty e-commerce warehouse in the UK – to allow the delivery of 26,000 more orders daily.
- 20 more collaborative robots at Burton warehouse – now 220 ‘cobots’ work alongside over 2,600 team members. Boots’ Cobots travel over 7,000 miles per day during the Black Friday period.
- Opened 10 more ‘super-hybrid’ stores that can pick and pack Click & Collect orders to relieve pressure from the warehouses in Burton and Beeston. There are now nearly 80 Boots super-hybrid stores in total.
To shop Black Friday offers at Boots, visit boots.com or visit your nearest store.