- Boots is recruiting more than 10,000 temporary roles in preparation for its busiest time of the year
- Exciting roles across retail, warehousing and operations. New joiners will enjoy a competitive salary, alongside access to a new enhanced staff discount programme introduced to support with the cost of living
- Boots is committed to being an equal-opportunities employer, attracting those returning to the workforce or entering it for the first time
Boots is recruiting for over 10,000 seasonal roles in its stores, warehouses and operations this festive period.
The roles will be available across a wide variety of areas to cater to all job-seekers keen to find work in the run up to the holidays, and will include:
- Over 6,500 Christmas Customer Assistant roles, where team members will be responsible for helping customers to find the items they need and ensuring shoppers receive the excellent customer experience that they expect from Boots.
- Up to 3,000 roles at the Boots Beeston and Burton-on-Trent distribution centres, including Warehouse Operatives and Picker Packers who play a crucial part in keeping the gears turning smoothly for in-store and boots.com orders.
- 2,000 roles for in-store Customer Operations Assistants – with team members helping to pick and pack deliveries as well as supporting day-to-day store operations – acting as the important link between the shop floor and distribution of Boots deliveries.
Donna Hodgins, Head of Recruitment at Boots, said: “Team members who join our business over the festive period are always truly valued members of store and distribution centre teams, providing crucial support for our stores and customers alike. We’re looking to recruit a diverse range of team members that represent the communities we serve every year.
“Our roles are perfect opportunities for anyone looking to explore career paths in the retail industry to gain valuable work experience that could potentially lead to a permanent position in future. Provided you have a passion for customer service and being a team player, everyone is welcome at Boots – something that is evident in our range of recruitment accreditations, from Age Inclusive and Menopause Friendly to being a Disability Confident Employer.”
New joiners will benefit from Boots’ extensive range of team member benefits. This includes a market competitive hourly rate and access to the generous Boots team member discount scheme. Boots has recently enhanced the scheme for all team members to support with the rising cost of living, offering up to 45% off all Boots own brand products until at least January 2023. This covers over 6,300 products, including the new Boots everyday range, which features great quality essentials from 50p (28p with discount).
Other employee benefits at Boots, include:
- Paying for selected healthcare services, including HRT prescriptions in England
- Free flu jabs for every employee and half price jabs for a partner or family member
- Free standard eye tests and 50% off glasses and prescription sunglasses
- Discount scheme on a wide range of everyday expenses
- Team members can also apply for additional support for them and their families from the Boots Benevolent fund at times of financial hardship
- Recognising the cost of childcare fees in the UK, Boots also has recently partnered with global nursery provider, Busy Bees to offer team members access to discounted childcare fees at over 350 nurseries across the UK, alongside one week of free childcare and £0 enrolment fees
Many roles are already hiring, giving successful applicants a long lead time to help them acclimatise to their role before the busy Christmas period. Boots also recently announced 2022 would be the most affordable Christmas ever, with an extensive programme of deals and its widest range of gifts for every budget this fetsive season.
To apply for an in-store Christmas Customer Advisor role, visit boots.jobs. For temporary distribution centre roles, visit boots.jobs/warehouse.