- Boots has launched 20 at-home self-test kits from MyHealthChecked in selected stores and on boots.com
- Boots is the first retailer to offer this range of at-home self-test kits from MyHealthChecked
- The test kits range includes rapid tests, finger-prick blood tests and urine tests as well as tests that use a DNA sample via a cheek swab to help discover your genetic profile.
Boots has launched 20 new at-home self-test kits, which help customers to gain insight into their health conveniently at home.
The test results can enable customers to take actions to help improve their health and wellbeing by making lifestyle changes or seeking further advice from a healthcare professional.
The new at-home self-test kits launching today at Boots are supplied by MyHealthChecked. The range comprises six rapid tests, two blood and urine sample kits, seven finger-prick blood tests and five DNA cheek swab tests.
- The rapid tests include those that can help give an indication of iron, thyroid or vitamin D levels
- The blood and urine tests allows customers to check for exposure to sexually transmitted infections
- The finger-prick blood tests include those that could give an indication of cholesterol levels, thyroid hormones and general health
- The DNA cheek swab tests include those that can allow customers to use their DNA to review their risk of vitamin and mineral deficiencies, intolerances and sensitives and their body’s response to glucose.
The rapid tests can be done at home without needing to send a sample to the laboratory and the result is provided on the lateral flow cassette. Tests that require laboratory analysis need to be posted to MyHealthChecked’s accredited partner lab, after which the results are verified by a GP, who will provide advice on any next steps for the customer.
The full range of self-tests are available at boots.com and in select stores with prices from £7.99.
Jamie Kerruish, Healthcare Director at Boots, said: “Since the pandemic, we have seen that our customers increasingly want to find ways to take control of their health and lead healthier lives. By launching a large range of quick and easy self-testing products, we are enabling our customers to gain a better insight into their health, which we know our customers will really value.”
Penny McCormick, Chief Executive Officer of MyHealthChecked PLC, said: “Our tests fall broadly into two categories, the first being finger-prick blood tests or urine tests and the second being DNA tests. The DNA tests help people understand ‘the science of themselves’ so they can make lifestyle changes, which can help avoid future health concerns. The finger-prick blood tests or urine tests help inform those who want to find out what’s going on inside their bodies before seeking medical advice."
"Making MyHealthChecked tests readily available on the high street in Boots stores will give people better access to health information and, ultimately, power over their health.”
Most of the test kits involve taking the sample at home before returning it in a pre-paid envelope to MyHealthChecked’s partner laboratory for analysis where data is handled securely and accurately. Customers will then be able to access personalised reports, as well as advice and guidance, based on their results through the MyHealthChecked portal.
Boots is the leading provider of healthcare on the high street with the biggest range of products and a growing number of services. Customers can find information, advice and recommended products and services for a wide range of health conditions on the Boots Health Hub.