Looking after the earth shouldn’t have to cost the earth.
That is why Boots has launched NEW sustainable Feminine Hygiene products, including reusable Menstrual Cups and Plant-Based Applicator Compact Tampons. We have taken the following steps to make our menstrual product offering sustainable and plastic-free, using plant-based materials wherever possible to reduce the impact on the environment:
• 40% reduction in the plastic used for the outer wrapping of sanitary towels
• Removal of plastic applicators and the introduction of NEW 97% Plant Based Applicator Compact Tampons
• Introduction of Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) approved recycled card to boxed products
• Addition of a ‘do not flush’ logo to all applicator tampons
• Introduction of FSC pulp to make pantyliners and towels
Available exclusively in Boots stores and online at boots.com from July 2020
For further information or samples, please contact BootsBrandPR@boots.co.uk
Boots Menstrual Cups
Available in two different sizes:
Size A – Pre-Birth
Size B – Post Birth/Over 30
These cost effective, durable and reusable menstrual cups are a sustainable alternative to tampons and last for up to 8 years, which means dramatically less waste and
less money spent on sanitary protection. Dermatologically tested, made from 100% medical grade silicone and free from BPA, phthalates and latex, they can hold as much
as 3 tampons and are suitable for up to 8 hours’ wear.
Boots Compact 97% Plant-Based
These ultra-flexible Plant-Based Applicator Tampons are as absorbent as plastic applicator tampons. Free from perfumes and dyes, the specially designed round tip offers maximum comfort, with a soft cover for easy removal and protection from fiber loss.