Boots has launched a sustainable range of own brand Feminine Hygiene, including reusable Menstrual Cups and Plant-based Applicator Compact Tampons.
The new products use plant-based materials wherever possible to enable the offering of sustainable and plastic free products.
The sustainability facts:
- 40% reduction in the plastic used for the outer wrapping of sanitary towels
- Removal of plastic applicators and the introduction of NEW 97% Plant Based Applicator Compact Tampons
- Introduction of Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) approved recycled card to boxed products
- Addition of a ‘do not flush’ logo to all applicator tampons
- Introduction of FSC pulp to make panty liners and towels
With the aim to reduce waste and help save on money, Boots plant-based applicator tampons are just as absorbent as the usual plastic applicator tampons. Boots menstrual cups are a sustainable alternative, lasting for up to 8 years and holding up to as much as 3 tampons before washing.
Find out more here.