Concealer is a beauty essential for 80% of women but only half believe it matches their skin tone. In response to this, No7 has created a range of concealers that are in line with No7’s palette of skin true shades and supported by the colour matching technology, to ensure women can now find the exact shade of concealer to match their foundation and skin tone.
Whilst a bright lip or pop of blusher will make you feel great, feeling truly gorgeous starts with great looking skin and finding the right foundation and concealer shade is the first step.
To find your ideal shade of foundation and concealer partner, the No7 Match Made Service involves just two simple steps:
- The trained No7 advisor places the unique device on the jaw-line and takes two readings. Using a series of coloured and ultraviolet lights the device assesses the colour values of facial skin and matches them to one of the 17 skin-true foundation shades, available across the range of No7 foundations and now concealers.
- A consultation with the No7 advisor then pinpoints exactly what the foundation needs to do in terms of texture, benefits and finish, narrowing the search down to a single product: your dream No7 foundation. This is then complemented with just the right concealer.
“Since the launch of the No7 Match Made Service we have helped so many women find their perfect shade and texture of foundation. From talking to women they said a concealer that matched their skin tone was the number one product they would like added to the service, so we are expecting this to be a huge hit. Having the right shade of foundation and concealer to match your skin tone is the ideal combination for not only achieving an impeccable base but younger looking skin too”. No7 Advisor, Jay Hickson, from Manchester
To achieve the perfect flawless complexion a foundation will even out your skin tone and cover minor blemishes, but it is the addition of a concealer used on targeted areas that will help create a fabulous and naturally looking base. No7 Advisor, Jay Hickson, from Manchester explains the best application techniques to achieve optimum results with the new concealers:
- For extra coverage start by applying concealer before foundation. For particular problem areas you can then apply concealer again after foundation. If this is the case, for best results it is important to use a patting motion to avoid disturbing the concealer or foundation.
- To start, place the concealer onto the back of your hand and then transfer using a concealer brush.
- Apply in a few thin layers rather than in one thick application and use your fingers to pat or smooth the concealer into the skin. The heat from your fingers will help blend the concealer.
- Finish off by applying a little powder to help set the foundation and concealer to provide maximum staying power.
For samples, images, expert quotes and tips please call the Boots No7 Media Centre team on 020 7025 6677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors
The No7 Match Made Service launched on the 29 August 2012 and is available in 668 Boots stores across the UK. The range of unique No7 foundation shades were developed after Boots scientists measured the exact skin colour of over 2,000 British women. A No7 advisor will advise on the range of texture, benefits and finishes available from the No7 foundation collection.
No7 is the UK’s leading skincare brand, available exclusively at Boots. The ambition of No7’s brand campaign is to allow women to tell their story through their own voice, and encourage other women to experience it too. It is a real celebration of British beauty, inspiring women to experience their ‘Ta Dah!’ moment. With no air-brushing or re-touching, the campaign shows the range of positive looks and emotions women can experience.
The No7 team continues to invest in groundbreaking research and development and our international team are responding to the ever changing needs of its millions of customers every day. From No7’s range of clinically proven anti-ageing serums, to the breakthrough No7 Match Made Service, No7 customers believe in the power of our products as much as we do.
About Boots UK
Boots UK is the leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer in the UK, with close to 2,500 Boots UK stores and around 60,000 employees. Boots UK’s purpose is to help customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. Customers are at the heart of the Boots business which is committed to providing exceptional customer and patient care, be the first choice for pharmacy and healthcare, offer innovative products 'only at Boots' such as the UK’s leading skincare brand No7, all delivered with the great value our customers love. Created over 160 years ago, the Boots brand is still at the heart of the communities it serves.
Boots UK is a member of Alliance Boots, a leading international, pharmacy-led health and beauty group delivering a range of products and services to customers. Working in close partnership with manufacturers and pharmacists, Alliance Boots is committed to improving health in the local communities it serves and helping its customers and patients to look and feel their best. Its focus is on growing its two core businesses: pharmacy-led health and beauty retailing and pharmaceutical wholesaling and distribution. Alliance Boots has a presence in more than 25* countries and employs over 108,000* people. Alliance Boots has pharmacy-led health and beauty retail businesses in nine* countries and operates more than 3,100* health and beauty retail stores, of which just over 3,000* have a pharmacy.
*Figures are approximate as at 31 March 2013 and include associates and joint ventures.