Boots UK and Republic of Ireland (ROI) today announces that it has put in place a new executive leadership team to further drive the strategy, direction and performance of the businesses ahead of the expected merger with Walgreens in the first quarter of calendar 2015.
This new executive leadership team, which will be in place from 15 September 2014, will report to Simon Roberts, Managing Director, Health & Beauty UK and ROI, Alliance Boots. It will comprise:
- Kevin Birch, who will continue as Director of Operations, with responsibility to lead operations including the development of a new operating model.
- Karl Crane, who will continue as Director of Stores, with responsibility for customer care delivery and the leadership of the stores teams.
- Andy Ferguson, who will continue as Director of Marketing, with responsibility to lead the marketing work involved in the businesses’ customer proposition and strategy.
- Suzanne Hansen, who will join as Director of Healthcare, with responsibility to lead the development and delivery of the Boots healthcare offer. She will replace Richard Ashworth, who will return to a role in Walgreens in October 2014. Suzanne, a pharmacist with over 20 years’ experience, joins from Walgreens and is expected to take up her new role in the autumn. She has a great track record with expertise in pharmacy and retail operations and most recently the healthcare clinic business.
- Stephen Lehane, who is appointed as Director of Human Resources, with responsibility to lead the organisation and its people through this time of change for the businesses.
- Mark Muller, who will continue as Director of Finance, with responsibility to ensure the businesses have the right financial planning to further grow and invest.
- Annie Murphy, who is appointed as Director of Trading, with overall responsibility for trading activity and performance.
- Robin Phillips, who will join in the newly created role of Director of Multichannel, with responsibility for all aspects of digital, loyalty and IT activities to accelerate the delivery of a multichannel approach across the businesses. He will join at the beginning of November from Waitrose and previously John Lewis, bringing invaluable experience of developing multichannel capabilities and performance.
Simon Roberts said: “The expectations of customers and patients are changing faster than ever, and they want us to have even more innovative products and services, at great value, delivered by caring and informed colleagues, and through a leading multichannel experience. At Boots, we pride ourselves on anticipating and delivering these, and with this new executive leadership team in place I am confident we will continue to further grow and improve the businesses in the UK and ROI.”
- ENDS –