What better reason to begin your journey to becoming smoke free than National No Smoking Day on Wednesday 13 March 2013. As the nation gears up to quit, Boots UK has the help and support you need to help make your ambitions happen in 2013. Whether it’s expert advice, nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) or support, Boots UK has a wide range of options available so you can choose the one that suits you and fits with your lifestyle.
In store inspiration to help you quit
The Boots pharmacy team is on hand across Boots UK stores to provide help and advice to support you as you work towards achieving a new smoke free lifestyle:
NHS Stop Smoking Services are available from selected Boots UK stores. Although they vary across the country, they may include:
- A private and confidential consultation with a stop smoking advisor
- Regular counselling sessions
- Nicotine replacement products such as patches, lozenges and gum*
- A Smokerlyzer test to assess your carbon monoxide levels**
- Expert advice on becoming smoke free - from how to curb the cravings to what health benefits to expect
*Will vary according to local Primary Care Organisation service criteria & eligibility
**Available in selected pharmacies only
To find out more, visit your nearest participating Boots pharmacy today for a private and confidential chat with a member of our pharmacy team. Expert advice is available without an appointment, to check the opening times of your nearest pharmacy, please go to our Store Locator at www.boots.com/storelocator
Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT)
Boots UK understands that when it comes to quitting or cutting down to quit cigarettes, everyone has different needs, which is why they have a wide range of NRT products to choose from so you can find the method that suits you best. This year Boots UK has launched an improved product to complement the existing range of patches, gum, lozenges, tablets and nasal spray.
NEW Boots Pharmaceuticals NicAssist 15mg Inhalator (4 pack, £5.09 and 20 pack, £19.99) lasts twice as long as the previous inhalator, meaning you will need fewer cartridges to help you beat the urge to smoke. The device may also help to keep your hands busy to help the process of quitting or cutting down to quit. Contains nicotine. Always read the label. Willpower required. Available in store and online now.
If you want something that helps keep your smoke free intentions discreet, you may wish to consider a patch, gum, lozenge or nasal spray. Visit your Boots UK store to choose from the wide range of products available.
- Boots Pharmaceuticals NicAssist Minty Fresh 2mg or 4mg Gum (prices start from £4.99 for 30 pieces)*
- Boots Pharmaceuticals NicAssist Ice Mint 2mg or 4mg Gum (prices start from £11.99 for 105 pieces)*
- Boots Pharmaceuticals NicAssist Fruit Fresh Nicotine 2mg or 4mg Gum (prices start from £11.99 for 105 pieces) *
- Boots Pharmaceuticals NicAssist Translucent Patch (available in three strengths: 25mg (Step 1), 15mg (Step 2) and 10mg (Step 3). (Prices start from £ 12.99)*
- Boots Pharmaceuticals NicAssist 24 Hour Transdermal Patch, which is available as a 21mg
(Step 1), 14mg (Step 2) and 7mg (Step 3) patch. (Prices start from £ 11.99)*
Lozenges and spray
- Boots Pharmaceuticals NicAssist Lozenges (36 1mg lozenges £4.99, 96 1mg lozenges, £10.39, 96 2mg lozenges, £10.89)*
- Boots Pharmaceuticals NicAssist 10mg/ml Nasal Spray (10mg/ml, £19.99)*
*These products contain nicotine. Willpower will be required. Always read the label.
Free NHS Quit Kit
The free NHS Quit Kit is also available at participating Boots UK pharmacies. The kit is developed by experts and is packed with practical tools and information to help you quit smoking for good. The Quit Kit contains:
- A voucher for a week's free trial of NRT patches
- A quit planner to help you make a note of the reasons why you want to quit, plus what makes you crave a cigarette so you can recognise the triggers
- A health and wealth wheel to discover how quitting smoking can help you on your way to a healthier body and bank balance
- A quit journey wallchart
- An expert help card which contains all the information you'll need about the free expert advice available to help you quit
If you pick up your free NHS Quit Kit before 31st March you’ll even receive a 50p saving voucher redeemable against any of Boots smoking control products. The Quit Kit offer is only available in England. You can pick up your free kit from participating Boots UK stores. Contact your nearest store for more details.
Boots online stop smoking clinic
Visit the stop smoking clinic on boots.com for further information about stop-smoking products, pharmacy support, advice, and even prescription medicines which you can access through an online consultation without the need to visit your doctor.
Visit www.boots.com/makeithappen for even more inspiration to make 2013 your year – whether you want to stop smoking, shed a couple of pounds or give your skin a healthier glow.
For further information, please contact the Boots UK Press Office on 020 7025 6657 / firstname.lastname@example.org