On 8 November 2013, women across the UK are going ‘BearFaced’ for BBC Children in Need. Ditching makeup for just one day could help raise life changing funds for disadvantaged children all over the UK.
As one of the official fundraising partners of BBC Children in Need, over the last 10 years Boots UK has raised over £5 million helping disadvantaged children and young people across the UK and this year, they are committed to raising the most amount ever; No7 has joined forces with the BearFaced campaign to ensure skin is ready to go BearFaced. Between the 1 and 9 of November, five pence from every pound spent on No7 skincare at Boots UK stores will be donated directly to BBC Children in Need.
Through various fundraising activities in previous years, Boots UK has helped young people across the UK by supporting small and large organisations, empowering children and giving them safety and security. With in store events happening across the country and this year’s No7 and BearFaced effort, Boots UK and BBC Children in Need are set to continue making a real difference within communities across the country.
No7 will help women across the UK feel fresh faced and fabulous for the big day and those who do go makeup free won’t be alone as BearFaced beauties such as singer Kimberley Walsh, One Show presenter Alex Jones, MTV presenter Laura Whitmore and television personality and choreographer Arlene Philips have all signed up to go makeup free too. Laura Whitmore thinks women all over the UK should remove their makeup for the day: “Girls, come on, let’s do something really great for BBC Children in Need and go BearFaced on the 8 of November.”
To help achieve the ultimate complexion perfection, No7 Consultant Samantha Catt has given her top skincare tips:
- Cleanse: Always start your skincare routines with a splash of warm water or No7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser (£9.95) to open your pores. This allows your cleanser to clean impurities from deep within the skin and leaves it feeling squeaky clean. Samantha advises: “Wash skin morning and night with a cleanser suitable for your skin type. After cleansing, splash your face with cool water to close pores again.”
- Exfoliate: Exfoliating helps to gently remove dead skin cells to reveal your glowing complexion underneath. This helps skin to look refreshed, rejuvenated and healthy, even without the addition of makeup. Samantha says “buff skin twice a week with your preferred method, you could use an exfoliating brush like No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Brush (£15.00), grainy facial scrub or No7 Youthful Glycolic Peel Kit (£24.95).”
- Hydrate: For even better anti-ageing results, pair a serum with a moisturiser. “Follow your favourite serum with a moisturiser tailor made for your skincare needs,” says Samantha. “Make sure it has a 5* UVA rating as well as sun protection factor (SPF) to protect your delicate skin from the sun, try No7 Protect and Perfect Intense range (£43.00).”
- Eye cream: For a fresh-faced, bright-eyed effect, apply an eye cream after your moisturiser. This helps to smooth any fine lines and keep your under eye skin hydrated. What’s best, a little goes a long way. Samantha says “apply an eye cream with your ring finger very gently; a grain of rice size is the perfect amount.”
- Illuminate: Add some ready-made radiance to your complexion with an instant skin fixer. Light reflecting particles will make your skin appear immediately brighter and fresher. “If your skin is lacking in youthful glow, particularly in the winter months, glide No7 Instant Radiance Beauty Balm (£17.00) over the cheeks to lift your complexion.”
- Primer: A solid base is key to any flawless look but essential when going “bear”. Samantha says: “If your skin is oily the No7 Beautifully Matte Makeup Base (£10.50) will combat shine or try No7 Airbrush Away Primer (£19.50) which gives the illusion of smooth, even skin."
So get friends, family and colleagues to sponsor donate and spend one day without makeup to help change the lives of young people across the UK.
Find out more at www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey and get a sponsorship page started at www.mydonate.bt.com/bearfaced. For more information on No7 skincare, contact the Boots No7 Media Centre team on 020 7025 6677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Boots UK
Boots UK is the leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer in the UK, with close to 2,500 Boots UK stores and around 60,000 employees. Boots UK’s purpose is to help customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. Customers are at the heart of our business which is committed to providing exceptional customer and patient care, be the first choice for pharmacy and healthcare, offer innovative products 'only at Boots' such as the UK’s leading skincare brand No7, all delivered with the great value our customers love. Created over 160 years ago, the Boots brand is still at the heart of the communities it serves.
Boots UK is a member of Alliance Boots, a leading international, pharmacy-led health and beauty group delivering a range of products and services to customers. Working in close partnership with manufacturers and pharmacists, Alliance Boots is committed to improving health in the local communities it serves and helping its customers and patients to look and feel their best. Its focus is on growing its two core businesses: pharmacy-led health and beauty retailing and pharmaceutical wholesaling and distribution. Alliance Boots has a presence in more than 25* countries and employs over 108,000* people. Alliance Boots has pharmacy-led health and beauty retail businesses in nine* countries and operates more than 3,100* health and beauty retail stores, of which just over 3,000* have a pharmacy.
*Figures are approximate as at 31 March 2013 and include associates and joint ventures.