Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT)
Boots has a wide selection of NRT products to choose from so you can find which type suits you best. The NicAssist range includes patches, gum, lozenges, tablets and nasal spray. Boots is also offering 3 for 2 on selected Boots NicAssist products (cheapest item is free).
Boots Pharmaceuticals NicAssist 15mg Inhalator (4 pack, £5.99 and 20 pack, £21.05)* has a longer lasting cartridge and can be used to help you beat the urge to smoke. The device may also help to keep your hands busy to help ease the symptoms of the process of cutting down. Available in store and online now.
If you want something that keeps your smoke free intentions discreet, consider a patch, gum, lozenge or nasal spray. Visit your Boots store to find the product that may be right for you.
- Boots Pharmaceuticals NicAssist Minty Fresh 2mg or 4mg Gum (prices start from £4.99 for 30 pieces)*
- Boots Pharmaceuticals NicAssist Ice Mint 2mg or 4mg Gum (prices start from £13.00 for 105 pieces)*
- Boots Pharmaceuticals NicAssist Fruit Fresh Nicotine 2mg or 4mg Gum (prices start from £13.00 for 105 pieces)*
- Boots Pharmaceuticals NicAssist Translucent Patch (available in three strengths: 25mg (Step 1), 15mg (Step 2) and 10mg (Step 3). (Prices start from £13)*
- Boots Pharmaceuticals NicAssist 24 Hour Transdermal Patch, which is available as a 21mg (Step 1), 14mg (Step 2) and 7mg (Step 3) patch. (Prices start from £13)*
Lozenges & Spray
- Boots Pharmaceuticals NicAssist Lozenges (96 1mg or 2mg lozenges, £10.60)*
- Boots Pharmaceuticals NicAssist 10mg/ml Nasal Spray (10mg/ml, £19.99)*
The NHS Stop Smoking Service (charges may apply) is available in selected Boots stores for people who want a structured approach to quitting smoking. It includes:
- A private and confidential consultation with your Boots Pharmacist
- Regular counselling sessions
- Nicotine replacement products such as patches, lozenges and gum**
- A Smokalyser test to assess your carbon monoxide levels***
- Expert advice on becoming smoke free - from how to curb the cravings to what health benefits to expect
The free NHS Quit Kit is also available at participating Boots pharmacies. The kit is developed by experts and is packed with practical tools and information to help you quit smoking for good. The Quit Kit contains:
- A voucher for a week's free trial of NRT patches
- A quit planner to help you make a note of the reasons why you want to quit, plus what makes you crave a cigarette so you can recognise the triggers
- A health and wealth wheel to discover how quitting smoking can help you on your way to a healthier body and bank balance
- A quit journey wallchart
- An expert help card which contains all the information you'll need about the free expert advice available to help you quit
You can pick up your free kit from participating Boots stores. To find the nearest store that offers the NHS Stop Smoking Service please visit www.boots.com/storelocator.
In addition, the new Smoke Less plan will be available at selected Boots stores from 23rd September 2013. Smoke Less is a free flexible programme that provides you with personalised advice to help you stop smoking. Boots healthcare advisors have been specially trained to provide support both in-store and over the phone and the plan includes:
- Initial consultation to help prepare you for your quitting journey and agree personal goals
- An information pack including a booklet, appointment card and a refer a friend flyer
- An appointment to establish a quit date and create a personalised action plan which may include choosing NRT products (charges may apply)
- A follow-up appointment usually 7-10 days after the quit date to see how you are getting on
- Ongoing follow up appointments/phonecalls to discuss progress
- A unique NRT exchange programme that lets smokers swap NRT formats to find the one best suited to them (offered twice – once after getting started and at the get back on track stage)
To help support you while you find your way with quitting, Boots is offering a range of benefits when you join Smoke Less including vouchers and advantage card points.
In addition to the support available in-store, Boots.com/smokeless hosts a range of tools and guidance to help you on your quitting journey, including:
- A money saving tool to show you how much money you will save in a day, week, month or year when you quit
- A support tool to help you choose whether it is NRT, Smoke Less or NHS support that suits you
- An NRT product guide to help you choose the right product for your lifestyle and needs
You can also find more information on how to quit smoking on the BootsWebMD.com smoking cessation health centre.
*Always read the label. Stop smoking aid. Contains nicotine. Requires willpower
**Will vary according to local Primary Care Organisation service criteria & eligibility
***Available in selected pharmacies only