With 64% of people wanting to take greater control of their health[i], Boots UK has introduced a comprehensive range of at-home health checks from Medichecks, to give customers new ways to feel in control of their health and wellbeing.
Medichecks established the UK’s first online, direct to consumer blood test and health check service, and Boots is the first, national high street retailer and nationwide pharmacy chain to sell Medichecks tests direct to consumers.
Available from Boots.com, customers can purchase ten different tests including: Vitamin D, Cholesterol, Diabetes, Testosterone, Vitamin B12, Iron Deficiency, Cortisol (Stress), Tiredness and Fatigue, Thyroid, and a Health and Lifestyle Check.
Medichecks tests provide customers with an easy way to help manage their health from the comfort of their own home. Whether checking or monitoring for various aspects of their health, or optimising a health and fitness regime, the tests provide access to a UKAS* accredited, pathology laboratory with the latest consumer technology, and test results that are interpreted by a qualified Medichecks doctor**.
Richard Bradley, Pharmacy Director at Boots UK, said: “Increasingly, customers want information to help them proactively manage their health. By offering Medichecks online, we’re helping to increase accessibility to specialist testing services, complementing the testing available through the NHS and helping people feel in control of their health.”
Helen Marsden, Co-Founder of Medichecks, added: “Our ambition is to empower everyone to feel in control of their health, so we’re really proud to be working with Boots UK. We’re confident that the personal health insights provided by our affordable, convenient testing kits can help make it easier for everyone to understand their bodies, inside and out.”
The kits consist of a simple four step service:
- Ordering the test kit - The customer can order their test kit online at Boots.com and have the test delivered to their door or local store for collection.
- Activating the test kit – The customer will then activate their test kit on Medichecks.com and collect either 8-10 drops of blood in the small tube provided, or provide a saliva sample.
- Posting samples – Following this, the customer should post their samples to the lab in the prepaid envelope provided.
- Viewing results – Finally, the customer can view their results securely in their online personal dashboard within a few days, alongside the Medichecks doctor’s recommendations. The doctor will recommend appropriate lifestyle changes, or direct the customer to their GP if there are any concerns**.
- *UKAS – United Kingdom Accreditation Service
- **The tests are not a substitute for seeing your doctor, especially if you are suffering symptoms. Medichecks doctors will interpret your results based on the information you have provided, but will not diagnose, consult or provide any treatment. You will be advised to see your own doctor for any necessary follow-up action.