Last week, Rachel Gregg-Boot, Buying Manager at Boots UK, won the ‘Buyer of the Year’ award at the prestigious Retail Week Rising Stars Awards 2018, in front of an audience of top retailers from across the country.
With 9 years’ worth of retail experience, Rachel Gregg-Boot was acknowledged by judges for her tenacity, drive and exceptional performance as part of the Baby Buying category at Boots UK’s Support Office, in Nottingham.
Rachel, said: “Working in the fast-paced retail sector can be challenging, but it’s incredibly humbling to have won such an important award, particularly when up against some of the best candidates from across the UK. I’m delighted to have been recognised by Boots UK too, and feel privileged to have worked with so many leaders from the business, all of whom have contributed to who I am today.”
As well as being part of the team that received the ‘Support Office Team of the Year’ Award at the Boots Best of the Best Awards 2017, Rachel has inspired her team of 7 to develop a better understanding of customer shopping missions, and has successfully launched Fearne Cotton’s range of baby clothing in selected stores, which has exceeded performance expectations. Rachel has also led and coached an omni-channel team, and as a result, has increased the weekly nursery revenue rate for boots.com.
Kevin Heath, Director of Trading, Healthcare, at Boots UK, commented: “I’m delighted that Rachel’s hard work and innovation has been recognised with such a prestigious award. With her in-depth understanding of the business and its customers, she empowers her team to be the best they can be; she’s an inspiration to us all.”
Boots UK also celebrated the success of 5 other finalists who attended the award ceremony:
- Tanya Mooney, Store Manager, Boots Newcastle Airport, was shortlisted for Manager of the Year
- Lisa-Marie Szekely, Digital L&D Designer, Boots Support Office, was shortlisted for Apprentice of the Year
- Benjamin Mills, Assistant Buying Manager, Boots Support Office was shortlisted for Graduate of the Year
- Jordan Probert, Store Manager, Boots Llanelli Parc Trostre Retail Park, was shortlisted for Store Manager of the Year
- Abi Green, Area Manager, North Liverpool, was shortlisted for Area Manager of the Year.
This is the fourteenth year Retail Week have run their annual award. With a panel of 26 judges from some of the sectors most popular brands, including Harrods, House of Fraser and River Island, the Retail Week Rising Stars Awards celebrate emerging talent in retail and recognises the sector’s future leaders.