You are here: Home Newsroom Features Boots UK Launches Digital Boots Advantage Card

Boots UK Launches Digital Boots Advantage Card

16 May 2019
Feature Brand

Boots UK today launches its Boots Advantage Card in a digital format to further enhance customer experience. The loyalty scheme will now be part of the Boots App*, so that customers can scan to collect points, redeem, check their points balance straight from their mobiles as well as tapping into the wider benefits of the Boots app, like personalised offers on the go.

Launched in 1997, the Boots Advantage Card is the UK’s most generous and most loved loyalty scheme. In the past 12 months more than 1.5 million new card holders joined the scheme which now has 17.1 million** active members.

Helen Normoyle, Marketing Director at Boots UK, said: “We are continuing to build on the phenomenal success of the Boots Advantage Card. Digitising the card makes it more flexible and available, and gives customers more opportunities to tailor and personalise offers, making their shop even more rewarding.”

This week’s launch is one of many new loyalty initiatives, aiming to further enhance customer experience by making shopping at Boots more personalised and relevant. In-store marketing and customer competition with big points prizes when shopping with the Boots Advantage Card on their phone are to follow in the upcoming months.

*90% of existing App customers have auto upgrades enabled. For the remaining 10% a forced upgrade process will prompt existing customers to update their App with one click.
**Active members who have used their card at least once in the last 12 months


What’s new at Boots? Find out the latest updates from the UK’s largest pharmacy-led health and beauty chain – from new products and services to important business developments.



Read the views of our team members at Boots, who are experts in their field. Find out what they think about the most important issues of the day – from healthcare equality to sustainability.


Media Resources

A you are a journalist looking for information and resources about Boot? Visit our media resources hub to access images, reports, spokespeople and videos.


Boots is the UK’s leading health and beauty retailer with over 52,000 team members and around 1,900 stores, ranging from local community pharmacies to large destination health and beauty stores.*

Boots serves its customers and patients for life as the leading provider of healthcare on the high street and the UK’s number one beauty destination. It offers an unrivalled depth and breadth of products, which incorporates its extensive own brand range and innovative portfolio of brands, including No7, the UK’s No1 skincare brand, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle Beauty and Sleek MakeUP.

2024 marks Boots’ 175th anniversary year. Founder John Boot opened a herbalist store in Nottingham in 1849 to offer an affordable alternative to traditional medicines. His son Jesse expanded the business to become a modern retailer and the biggest chemist in Britain. Throughout its history, Boots has listened, learned and innovated, and it continues to challenge itself to improve its products and services every day.

Boots is part of Walgreens Boots Alliance, which is a global leader in pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing retail.  More company information is available on

*Figures accurate as of 31 May 2024