Whether it’s mastering the art of backcombing to get that perfect festival hair, rocking a neon nail to match your outfit or perfecting your pout, many of us are more confident to try a different look for summer. In fact, new research from Boots UK shows that of those women who have tried a new look in summer, 64 percent* feel more positive about doing so because they are away from home.
So if you’re out and about this summer without your trusty bedroom mirror, here is the Boots UK guide to rocking a new look with confidence.
SEVENTEEN make-up artist Vanesa Guallar says, “If you are experimenting with colours for the first time my advice would be to choose one colour and really go for it! Whether it’s a metallic blue or green, apply one strong colour under the lower lash line or in the outer corner of your eye and then, to tie in with the rest of your look, give yourself a matching manicure!”
To create this quick and easy festival look try SEVENTEEN Eye Eye Crayon (£3.99) in Jewel. This electric blue crayon defines and enhances your eyes whilst giving you a long-lasting waterproof colour. Match your nails with NEW SEVENTEEN Gel Colour (£3.99) – available in 15 new shades for summer. Its new precise wide brush means it’s easy to apply delivering amazing coverage in just one easy stroke. Whether you choose to go fun and flirty with Summer Sling, crank up the colour with Red Soul or for something more chilled like Lemon Drop, NEW SEVENTEEN Gel Colour will give you up to 8 days chip resistant colour and long lasting shine.
- Expert hairdresser Mark Hill gives his lowdown on fuss-free festival locks: “The trick here is to create a style that will need minimal upkeep for two or three days, leaving you free to rock out without a care in the world! If backcombing is not your bag, think about your hair like you would your clothes and layer up. Leave your hair natural on the first day, grab your dry shampoo for the second, then pop in some accessories in the following days (like flowers and cute clips) which work wonders for distracting from any lack-lustre locks!” The Mark Hill Defrizz-ilicious Bedazzled Anti Humidity Shine Spray (£5.99) available at Boots UK is your secret styling weapon to fight frizz and add a dazzling shine.
Lip service to a bolder you
Wherever you are this summer, No7 Advisor Samantha Greaves has a quick tip to give your lips a lift: “Celebs are loving the strong lip look at the moment and, believe it or not, it is a simple look to achieve and works well on everyone. If you have fair skin try a hot pink – pair it with soft, shimmer taupe eye shadow for that perfectly wide eye look. Or, if you have medium to dark skin, try pairing your bold lip colour with a copper eye shadow, it will make your lips stand out even more.”
Find your perfect colour match with No7 Match Made Lipstick Service and feel confident with your new choice. Specifically designed to find you a lipstick shade that suits your complexion, you are guaranteed to find your perfect bold lip shade in either No7 Stay Perfect or No7 Moisture Drench formulations.
Space (and face) saving essentials from Boots UK
Swapping your bedroom for a tent this season? Boots has everything you need to keep you feeling fabulous:
- Keep Boots Essentials Cucumber Cleansing Wipes (£1.50) handy at a festival or wherever you are this summer to remove make-up and excess oils, leaving skin clean, soft and smooth.
- Pack lighter with the multi-tasking SEVENTEEN Cheek and Lip Stain (£4.99) for effortless on-the-go glamour.
- Boots Dry Shampoo (200ml, £2.29) - Just a quick spray will transform your hair between washes into a clean, fresh-smelling style that is full off body and bounce in an instant.
- Remember to pack your suncream with your wellies just in case! The Soltan Invisible Mini Spray (75ml, £3.50) is 100% transparent and easy to use so no mirror means no problem as you can apply it without leaving white marks or greasy residue.
- Pump It Up (150ml, £3.00)** is a revolutionary new dry shower body wash to keep you fresh and clean on the go! Available in six different scents this innovative cleanser enables you to stay refreshed whatever the environment, without worrying when the next shower will be!
*Online research carried out by ICM Unlimited with 2,000 people in Great Britain. Fieldwork was undertaken in March 2015.
** Available at selected Boots UK stores from 10 June
For even more expert comments, interviews or product information, call the Boots Summer Team on 020 7025 6657 or email us at BootsSummerTeam@redconsultancy.com
About Boots UK
Boots UK (boots.com), the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer, is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. With 2,511* stores in the UK, Boots UK is committed to providing exceptional customer and patient care, be the first choice for pharmacy and healthcare and offer innovative 'only at Boots' exclusive products such as the UK’s leading skincare brand No7, all delivered with the great value customers love. Created over 165 years ago, the Boots brand is still at the heart of the communities it serves.
*As at 31 May 2015 excluding equity method investments.