Boots launches new sustainability scheme rewarding customers for recycling their empties
24 September 2020
Feel good about yourself; do good for the planet; and get treats along the way.
Everyone’s a winner with Boots UK’s new recycling scheme!
To help customers shop and consume more sustainably, Boots UK has launched a NEW recycling scheme, encouraging everyone to bring back their empty, hard-to-recycle health, beauty and wellness products.
Available in 50 stores across the country, Boots UK, in partnership with No7, is the first retailer to use Scan2Recycle technology - making it easier to recycle even the most difficult empties*.
From old mascaras and empty toothpaste tubes, to finished lipsticks and empty vitamin pots, here’s how to use the most inclusive recycling scheme on the market…
1. Access the technology via the dedicated Boots Scan2Recycle website
2. Scan your empty products using your mobile phone
Did you know products from any brand can be returned as part of the new initiative?
3. Head to a participating Boots store to deposit your empty products at a recycle point
To find your nearest recycling point, click here.
4. Take a picture of your empty products and scan the deposit box in store
5. Collect your rewards!
For every five products recycled, you will be rewarded with 500 Boots Advantage Card
points, worth £5**.
6. The deposited empties are returned directly to Boots recycling partner, ReWorked, where they are formed into new products.
Using the Scan2Recycle technology, you can track how much packaging has been recycled!
* Exclusions apply – For health and safety reasons, we cannot accept the following items: aerosol cans, perfume bottles, nail polish bottles, hair dyes, brow and eyelash tints, safety razors and razor blades, disposable razors and razor heads, used PPE (disposable masks, gloves and visors), food packaging including crisps, medicine, vitamins and supplements blister packs and foils; any electrical items such as hairdryers and straighteners and any medical devices, electrical or not.
** Terms and conditions apply. Boots Advantage Card Points will be capped at 500 per day regardless of how many products are deposited.