Boots UK customers and colleagues raise £1.5m for BBC Children in Need in 2016
2016 was our 13th year of supporting BBC Children in Need and we’re proud to say that over the years we’ve raised £10 million for this worthwhile cause. Our presence on the high street, along with our fundraising efforts means that we can really help BBC Children in Need and make a difference to young lives.
From zumbathons to bingos and raffles we’ve had great fun raising the cash, all the time knowing it’s for such an important charity, making a real difference to disadvantaged children and young people in communities across the UK.
Putting the ‘fun’ into fundraising
365 days a year, BBC Children in Need are working to help change the lives of children right on your doorstep. The support from Boots helped the charity to change the lives of 480,000 disadvantaged children and young people during 2013. There are thousands of children who still need support, so Boots will continue working with BBC Children in Need to help give disadvantaged children in the UK a safe, happy and secure childhood and the chance to reach their potential.
Here at Boots we’ve really made an effort to put the ‘fun’ into fundraising with events such as a mascot race, cake sales, beauty salon and a bingo bonanza game.
Here are several recent highlights:
- Our High Chelmer store had a fun filled day, including dressing up as superheroes, a static bike challenge, holding a raffle and selling cakes to colleagues in the staff canteen. What’s more, the store’s General Manager, bathed in a bath of custard for over five hours. The team raised over £2,700.
- Our Macclesfield store raised over £722 by coming to work in fancy dress and creating some fun activities for customers such as lucky dips and tombolas which went down a treat!
- In Scotland our Hamilton store got creative with fancy picnics, candy stalls and a raffle which raised over £450. Pudsey also made an appearance and brought lots of smiles to children’s faces!
Here’s a reminder of why every penny counts:
- £1 helps buy soft toys that a profoundly deaf girl can play with in a sensory room
- £2.50 could get a child from a deprived area off the streets and into an afterschool club session
- £20 means a ten year old girl who normally looks after her sick Mum and little sister can take a break at a summer play scheme and have fun with friends.
We are proud to continue to work with BBC Children in Need to support their vision.